Sunrise residents vote at the
Royal Wilcox Community Center *
41275 Oak Street
“Metropolitan Area” Redefined as Eleven
- “Metro area” adds Wright, Sherburne, Isanti
and Chisago counties to Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey,
Scott, and Washington counties.
- Township election in these counties must open
by 10 a.m. instead of 5 p.m. as otherwise required.
Elections Judges Eligibility
- Eligible to vote anywhere in Minnesota.
- Affiliated with a major political party.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Appointed by the Town Board.
- Trained and currently certified as an election
Election Judges Cannot Be:
- A candidate in that election (i.e., running
for an office on a ballot used in that precinct); or
- The husband, wife, parent, child, brother or
sister of a candidate or another election judge in the same
Become an Election Judge
- To become an election judge for Sunrise
Township, please contact
Wendy Kowalke, Sunrise Clerk
Township Election Requirement for 2009
- Automark equipment will be required to be used
in the polling placed for all elections until after December 31, 2009.